As if we couldn't love Target any more than we already do (hello, 3.1 Phillip Lim collection!), the retailer just announced Peter Pilotto as its next designer collaboration for Spring 2014! Just off the heels of Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos's Spring/Summer 2014 show during London Fashion Week, the duo—loved by Kerry Washington, Cate Blanchett, and…
Nicole Miller's inspiration for her spring 2014 Collection was chic, to the point, and a little bit dark. The designer's collection was influenced by the gorgeous Palace of Versailles—but, during a time of havoc. "I was thinking about when the women stormed the castle," says Miller. "We were thinking about when they trashed the castle and broke the mirrors and the chandeliers." Miller's contrast of tough and feminine can be seen in one of the final looks she sent down the runway—a delicately beaded dress, reminiscent of the chandeliers that hang from the artful ceiling of Versailles, toughened up with a modern moto-style leather vest.
Discover designers you never knew about and fall even more in love with your favorite designers.
Click the title and it will bring you straight to the Lincoln center to be in the front row of the best designers shows! Thanks to Fashionweekdates.com
I came across this video by the lovely Emily from upcakesandcashmere.com blog. I have always struggled with home decor. I don’t have that eye or touch that some people have on a room. In this video Emily shows how to create an elegant and efficient coffee table look. From gorgeous books to fragrant candles, are just a few things she includes in her coffee table design.
- The Coffee Table Dish (functionallyfrivolous.com)
- Give A Stunning Look To Your House With Coffee Tables And Dining Tables In Exclusive Designs (buyindianfurniture.wordpress.com)
- styling. (simplyclassicprep.wordpress.com)
- Behind the Blog with Cupcakes and Cashmere (stylemepretty.com)
- Tips For Decorating A Living Room Coffee Table (keboto.org)
“Heatherrrr….MAKE ME PRETTY! ” This is often what is said on an evening going out together. I am over getting ready myself and having a best friend that is a hair and makeup artist, is very helpful! Heather knows how to make my cheeks look perfect ( I have always had cheeks…so I am obsessed with appearing to having cheek bones) She also highlights my eyebrows and creases my eyelids to give me the Heather touch.
1. Make up- She highlights the bottom of my eyebrow with a light concealer and blends. IT’S AMAZING!
2. Always crease your lid even with a very light color but always crease your lid!!
3. Hair- I am nuts when it comes to my hair. Day to day, I am the easiest no fuss hair but when it comes to getting it cut or dyed, it’s a whole other story. She knows how to deal with me, or just knows to always have a stiff cocktail when discussing my hair.* Must have Wispy ends, Paul Mitchell PM shine. I order mine on Amazon. I rarely use hair product… which annoys most hairstylist.
3. Nails- . Always use TWO top coats. I always make sure of it when I am at the nail salon. It makes it last so much longer!
My other best friend Nina is an esthetician and makeup artist. She has been doing my eyebrows since she was 16. When her brother moved out to college, her mom turned his room into a full on beauty room. IT WAS AMAZING! She had all the professional products and we loved using them. She is very strict, she will just start glaring at my brows and then blurt out ” you have man brows” or “Didn’t I teach you better” “COME HERE” That is when I know, I have gone to long. Then she makes me get all perfected. I sometimes stop and say ” they look great, we are done” She glares and tells me to stay still and follows with ” don’t you want perfect brows, now stop being a baby”. All in the most loving of ways lol. She has no tolerance for bad brows.She waxes,threads and dyes my brows, when we are together. We are in a long distance relationship from Sf-SD.
What I have learned from Nina- When filling in your brows,start at your arch and follow down to the end. Do not over pluck or wax, fuller brows is better then no brows. Try to always make sure your hair and brows some what match. Black brows with bleached out hair is not the best look. Do not wax,if you use any Rentin-A products. Or stop using them for four days and then wax.
Nothing better than great girlfriends…especially ones with beautifying talent!
Now I need a massage therapist friend!!
Well I get the boyfriend back today. He has been helping his parents move, up north for the past two weeks. In the two weeks alone I learned and rediscovered:
1. I really hate taking out the trash.
2. I leave way to many lights on.
3. We are the most awkward skyping couple ever!
4. Between my girls and Kellen they always make sure to take care of me.
5.I miss his cooking.
6. I only ate bagel bites and cheese and crackers for the first weekend.
7. I sleep so much better when he is home.
8. I discovered I really do suck at filling the britta back up.
9. Drink so much more wine with my girls.
10. I spend way more money
Living together in a domestic partnership for 3 years, its good to have alone time to really appreciate and notice what each other does. I am a lucky lady.
These have been some of my favorites of summer.
1. Major girl time. Cocktails and tanning.
2. I love this red dress. I have one in blue with a cross back. It’s Forever 21 and under $12 bucks. It’s very comfortable with a cotton stretch. I received a lot of compliments and you can switch up the look with different belts.
3. Little black dress LOVE! $15 from Forever21 with a cross back. I have dressed this up and down. Bold necklace and cute pumps or a good wedge and a denim Chambray shirt.
4. My cuban hat that I picked up at the local swap meet. yes, I love the swap meet. I use to be a snob and refuse and then I broke down and fell in love. Ill make a post of some Swap meet favs. Also those sunnies I am wearing were a last-minute purchase at H&M .For a total of $3 bucks. I love them bold with a little cat eye flare.
5. In the same trip at H&M, I picked up this fringe bikini. I had shopped for MONTHS and of course the bikini that is $10 is that one that stole my heart. Every time I wear it, I receive compliments and “where did you get that?”
6. Then my Boyfriend. He is a total mans man who loves wearing basketball shorts and old t-shirts. We had a wedding to attend so it was time for him to get out of those shorts lol. We picked up some light weight slacks from Target. He fights everything, when it comes to outfits and he instantly loved them. $27 for great slacks and a very happy girlfriend.
My friend was telling me how she uses baby oil after she showers for moisturizing . While you are still a little damp,rub some on your arms,legs and stomach for a instant silky skin. Then wrap your towel around you and go about your business. I do this routine about once a week. I then explored shaving with the oil. OMG! AMAZING! So smooth and easy. I always battle the shower water, rinsing off my shaving cream. That is never a problem with Baby Oil. Its cheap and last forever. My go to now and forever.
I live by the beach, in a cute beach cottage. There are two other cottages and we all are great friends. With a bunch of cottage people always around, there never seems to be a dull moment. There is always somebody to hang out with or borrow foil from.
Introducing the Cottage crew.
Kellen aka kell dogg [with milk]
Alex [the ewok and my bf]
Sean- American flag. He is now traveling the world.
Brie- my girl partner in crime.
Then there is me as the panther.
This is from our cottage halloween bash.